The candidate will work directly with operations staff and follow prescribed deployment methods for critical 911 data applications.
This position requires knowledge and experience in key elements from Systems Administration, Database Administration and Systems Programming. The candidate will provide advanced systems programming, technical expertise in developing tools to manage, monitor and maintain servers/systems and provide support to IT systems staff for problem resolution. This position has 24-hour a day, seven-day a week responsibilities. Experience in systems programming in both UNIX and Windows environments are key attributes of this position.
The following skill sets and experience are desired for this position:
- Demonstrated experience in writing Shell, Perl, Java and VB scripts
- Demonstrated experience in writing database quires in SQL language
- Demonstrated experience in UNIX (HPUX desired), LINUX and Windows server
- Demonstrated experience in HP Open View or other monitoring tools
- Demonstrated experience in Oracle, MySQL or other databases
- Demonstrated experience supporting large scale complex server environments
- Demonstrated experience in server virtualization through VMware or HyperV tools
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction and translation
- Demonstrated experience in change control management
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic network and security
- Demonstrated strong system analysis skills
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a production environmen.
Excellent technical skills are paramount, good oral and written communications skills are required.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance. Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.assyst.net.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.