Job ID:JA - ConSpec - DM - 12192012
Date Posted:Wed, 2012-12-19 (All day) - Fri, 2013-01-25 (All day)
Job Location:Sterling, VA
- The Contracts Specialist administers and monitors the performance of government prime contracts and subcontracts
- This individual is also responsible for negotiating new business proposals and managing existing company contracts
- Employees in this role review company contracts and related documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements, and conformance to the master agreement
- The selected Contracts Specialist must keep a keen eye on our contract obligations and any accompanying adjustments.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the company culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure company services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply U.S. Government procurement regulations (FAR, DFARs) is a must.
- The Contracts Specialist must have either a Bachelor’s degree in a related specialty or the equivalent, and a minimum of 6 to 8 years of related experience, or a Master's degree with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of related experience
- Level I or Level II DAWIA or FAC-C certification in the field of contracting or its equivalent is desired
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within a team environment required
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
U.S. Citizenship, with Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance. Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.assyst.net.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.